RANDOM RAMBLINGS: NaNoWriMo & More


Dear Readers,
 
Was February really the last time I posted a Random Ramblings? 

As it turns out, this has been a very busy year. In February, I was busy prepping for the release of Vintage Volume One and Vintage Volume Two, and then in March I wrote Not Just Another Romance Novel. These books were all incredibly fun to write, and I have tons of ideas for possible spin-off books for both the Vintage series as well as for Not Just Another Romance Novel!

But those are on the back burner for now, because I've started a brand new project this month courtesy of NaNoWriMo.

Don't know what that is? Let me inform you.

November is National Novel Writing Month (NAtional NOvel WRiting MOnth = NANOWRIMO). The goal is to write a novel in a month that's at least 50,000 words. I did this for the first time back in November of 2013, and the final product of that adventure was 72,000 words that turned into my third published novel, Separation Anxiety. To this day, Jesse Drake still makes me swoon. I remember getting butterflies just thinking about writing Jesse when I wasn't home one time, and every time I re-read that part of the story, the butterflies come back. You have to check him out! 

After releasing three books this year in May, June, and August, I was tired! And then my body forced me into a much needed break when I found out I was pregnant the day Vintage Volume One released (May 1). Baby Boy is due January 7, and he is our first. But because of the exhaustion that comes with working a full time job as a high school English teacher, teaching a composition course at a community college, and being pregnant, I haven't had much time to write. 

But then NaNoWriMo came along and has reinvigorated me. 

Every day, I work relentlessly to hit my goal of 1667 words written. I'm currently over 33,000 words, and I know I'll hit 50,000 by the end of the month. I am loving the process of writing every day again, and I can't wait to share this next novel with you. I'm planning a series, but the number of books and title(s) are yet to be determined.

Speaking of titles... yeah, we still have NO IDEA what to name this baby boy who is coming in less than two months! Anyway, the project I'm working on will be a romantic suspense. I'm excited to throw some incredible twists at you that I hope you won't see coming. 

Be sure to follow me on Instagram. I post a daily inspirational quote over there, and every day in November, I'm posting inspirational quotes for WRITERS. They're always a good kick in the butt when I need one, and I hope they bring some positive energy to you as well. Here are a few of them that I love:
    

Happy reading, happy writing, and happy blogging. Thanks for reading, and make sure to buddy me over at NaNoWriMo!

XOXOXO,
      

Sign up for my newsletter to get all of the latest Lisa Suzanne news! 

No comments